Seems like the season just started and now here we are at the end once again. Season 7 has had its ups and downs but overall it was really good. Greg Nicotero, the incredible mind behind all the amazing makeup effects, directed this episode and he certainly didn’t disappoint. Here are what I thought to be the top moments from the episode:
- Jadis’ double cross: Jadis (the leader of the garbage people with the bad haircut) seemed to be a very interesting character since her introduction. She knows how to lead her group and knows how to work to get what they need. When she agreed to help defeat Negan and the saviors, Rick, of course, thought they would now finally have the numbers they needed. What could of possibly have gone wrong? Jadis was getting what she wanted in return for helping Alexandria. THINK AGAIN. Jadis was the one who told Negan about Ricks plans, in return, Negan offered her more to help the Saviors.
- Sasha’s sacrifice: Sasha has become a character we all can relate to. She has been through so much in her life and she isn’t afraid to let her feelings out. I think after she lost Abraham she knew what she needed to do in order to help save everyone from Negan, she was just waiting for her moment. And what a moment it was. Because of her, the people of Alexandria were able to subdue the saviors enough to save themselves.
- SHIVA: This is the moment I’ve been waiting for all season. Thankfully, the Kingdom were at the right place at the right time, waiting for their moment to attack. As Negan was about to kill Carl, Ezekial let Shiva loose and she completely destroyed one of Negan’s men. This gave the other members of the Kingdom a chance to come to the rescue. “Alexandria will not fall, not on this day” King Ezekial saying this literally gave me goosebumps. It felt like a scene ripped out of a Lord of the Rings movie.
- The gang is back together: After a whole season of being apart, we finally got to see everyone fighting together including Carol and Maggie. This gives us hope that season 8 will be the season the people of Alexandria, the Kingdom and the Hilltop will form one super group and finally be the ones in charge.
- Glen Moment: This episode was already great, but maggie made it even more special when she gave a very heartfelt tribute to her late husband Glen. At the end of the day, the main reason why we have this group of very special people is because of Glen. “He put himself in danger for you (rick) and that started it all”